On-Site Studio Manager
Job Title: On-site Studio Manager
Department: Creative Services
Reporting to: Account Director, Ireland.
The Delta Group is committed to service excellence in-store, outdoor and online. We are dedicated, knowledgeable and client focused people who aspire to make a difference every day. We value the long-term partnerships we have with our clients and work collaboratively to lead effective change and empower your strategic goals.
Our clients operate in an increasingly complex world and must constantly evolve to meet the dynamic needs of retailers, e-tailers and consumers. Our services – comprised of three units: Creative, Display and Technology – are designed to reduce the complexity of international marketing campaigns across multiple markets and languages whilst maintaining consistency, increasing localisation and responsiveness.
Chadwicks Group part of the listed Grafton Group plc is Ireland’s leading builder’s merchanting company. Recently rebranded from Grafton Merchanting ROI, its estate extends to 50 branches under the brands of Chadwicks, Heiton Buckley and the Panelling Centre. Specialising in the provision of building and plumbing supplies primarily to trade customers as well as the general public, kitchens and flooring solutions are part of their product portfolio. The estate includes a number of stores previously owned by independent retailers such as Telfords in Laois, Cork Builders Providers and Davies in Dublin. As well as rebranding the corporate name, the Heiton Buckley brand is changing to Chadwicks bringing the property portfolio for Chadwicks up to 37 branches. The existing estate is currently undergoing refurbishment as part of a €5m rebrand investment.
This role is responsible for planning, managing, tracking and delivering all work that comes into the on-site Design Studio of our client, Chadwicks Group.
The Studio Manager will work closely with the Chadwicks Group Head of Marketing and Development, the wider Marketing team, Promotions and Commercial stakeholders along with the Delta Account Management and Studio teams.
The Studio Manager will have a clear understanding of the requirements of the business in order to plan and manage the design work-stream; balancing creative vision and objectives with running an efficient and effective on-site Studio. A ‘hands on’ position, the person will take a pivotal role in the creation and production of design assets, allocating resource accordingly and ensuring that all work product meets agreed CPA’s and standards.
This role will oversee branding and campaign design projects plus the creation and art-working of marketing collateral and ad-hoc design requests for digital and print media. It involves managing one on-site studio resource, plus meticulously planning the Studio time and workload to ensure a successful delivery. Collaborating with the Delta Studio for overflow support if/when necessary.
- Manage the design studio and ensure the smooth running of production workflow and administrative processes
- Oversee the pipeline of work and allocating resource according to priority. Maintain production schedules, tracking peak periods and resourcing accordingly
- Ensure that all scheduling records are used accurately and kept up to date, any potential issues are highlighted and that there is accurate electronic representation and documentation reflecting the department’s activity
- Design production of all campaign and marketing collateral for the portfolio of brands.
- Lead out on new design requirements – be they category initiatives, seasonal activations, internal communications etc.
- To provide creative design input when required on projects
- Prepare all work output to the highest standard, responsible for the quality of execution and working with other team members to ensure consistency of all output
- Brand guardianship – review all work output before submitting to client for proofing plus sign off responsibility for print production and/or digital publishing
- Ensure all project meet the brief, specifications and quality expectations
- Ensure all equipment, hardware and software are properly maintained by the Studio team, liaising with IT stakeholders as necessary
- Responsible all support workers/freelancers, ensuring they work exhibit the right behaviours, adhere to processes and ways of working standards
- Employ good working practices regarding file management and storage of assets
- Attend client meetings with relevant team members where and when required
- Work collaboratively with Delta account team in managing client’s expectations, schedules and ensuring on time delivery of all work
- To keep up to date with all production technologies, industry insights and trends
- A minimum 4-5 years of experience in designing within the print or marketing and advertising industry
- Demonstrate practical experience in designing POS and promotional marketing collateral
- Ideally, you have experience working with retail clients
- A thorough working knowledge of all MAC Programmes – Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design, Creative Suite etc.
- Studio and/or team management experience or involvement is desirable
- Strong organisational skills and project management capability
- Client relationship management experience – you must be comfortable working directly with clients
- Experience and understanding of working on-site within a client’s environment is an advantage